As my husband and my one year wedding anniversary (6/9/13) is rapidly approaching; I decided to re-post this article from one of my other blogs. I wrote this piece just weeks before I walked down the aisle.
From memoirsofablackgirl.com originally posted: May 13, 2012
Recently a dear sister-friend of mine that is also engaged asked me what books I have been reading in preparation of my own big day. However, I believe each person’s journey to the altar is different and so the titles that speak to them will also differ. For example, for me, I am preparing to become an athletic coach’s and an educator’s wife (my fiancé’s primary sport is football.)
With that, all being said, please find a sampling of titles. I foresee as my transition from bride-to-be to wife that this listing will expand.
- Bible Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians Chapter 7, Ephesians Chapter 5 and Proverbs 31
- The Successful Family : Before The Ring (The Successful Family Series) by Dr. Creflo A. and Taffi L. Dollar
- I Promise You: Preparing for a Marriage That Will Last a Lifetime by Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- A Leader in the Making: Essentials to Being a Leader After God’s Own Heart – Joyce Meyer
- Understanding The Purpose And Power Of Woman by Dr. Myles Munroe
- Before I Do by Bishop T.D. Jakes
- Created to Be His Help Meet: Discover How God Can Make Your Marriage Glorious by Debi Pearl
- The Power of the Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- The Power of the Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
- A Godly Husband He Shall Be by Tracye Favor
- Scripture Confessions (Gift Collection) – Harrison House
- Prayers that Availeth Much
- Five Steps to Romantic Love by Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- His Needs Her Needs by Dr. Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- Lies at the Altar – The Truth About Great Marriages by Dr. Robin L. Smith
- Jumping the Broom, Second Edition : The African-American Wedding Planner by Harriette Cole
If you would like to add your own titles to this listing, please comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013, Lela Jefferson Fagan. All rights reserved.